Many more people have died during warfare between sects of the same
religion than have died in wars between two different religions:
Catholics versus Protestant, Sunni versus Shia, etc.  But even those
wars are really about power and greed - which group gets control - and
have little or nothing to do with religious belief.  The Sunnis aren't
fighting the Shia over doctrine but over who was the rightful heir to
the Prophet.   Religion makes a great scapegoat for warmongers.  Let's
do it "in God's name".  In the case of Jews versus Muslims, since the
both claim the God of Abraham, it's like siblings squabbling over who
Dad likes best.