Perhaps I am not explaining myself very well.  Teaching hate and
creating suicide bombers is not the same as teaching religion.  Yes,
those suicide bombers believe in the causes for which they have been
indoctrinated but the teaching that gets them to that point has
nothing to do with the teachings in the scriptures. It is a distortion
of religion for political purposes.  No true religion teacher teaches
hate.  Those who do teach hate do so out a desire for power, money,
land or some very twisted desire for a reward after death.

The US warmongers use patriotism as the motivator instead of religion.
Same distortion, same result.