> The Republiclans are at it again.. Defending an industry that has
> essentially proven to be recession proof and that can't
> really substantiate
> any claims related to losses due to file sharing/swapping...

Oh come on - don't tell me the Democrats don't sell out and are purely
"Defenders of the People." ;)

> I know myself, I have utilized such technologies to learn
> about artists I
> ended up buying music from... Considering these record
> executioners, I mean
> executives only seem to push money for marketing at bubblegum
> crap photocopy
> formulamatic junk muzak they should applaud file swapping and
> figure out how
> to emulate its success... But no...

Here is the thing. You and I (and lots of other folks) agree that the
music industry SHOULD change. We think they should offer music online
that we can copy to CD at a reasonable cost. We think it would mean a
LOT of money for the industry as well.

However - the record industry is allowed to be freaking stupid as they
want to be - and just because they are stupid does not automatically
give someone the right to take music they haven't paid for.

-rc