Raymond,

The Democraps aren't exempt... in politics it's always business as usual..
so politically, it doesn't matter who takes the payoffs, as long as someone
does.

I am not arguing that piracy should create innovation... And I don't believe
in a cup of free tea either...

However, the laws are going way too far.. If I plunk down my hard earned
cash to buy a song or a movie, I do so for my enjoyment... My limited use,
being one person with one piece of media... Obviously, the media shouldn't
be reproducing and being shared with the world...

However, how is it permissible then for a radio station to broadcast to
everyone in a city? I mean ASCAP or whatever other collection agency for the
money people in media charge a per song rate... like on the high side maybe
a $1 per each time a single is played...

Forever, people were encouraged to record music from the radio and programs
from the television... Advertisers paid essentially for the distribution
channel and a cheap bulk licensing schema.. the consumer has the rights
under fair use doctrines...

Somehow Disney (who seems to get patent/copyright extensions forever) along
with their cohorts have been duping people through the same media outlets
they control to try to brainwash people that you have no fair use... and
trying to brainwash/buyout politicos...

It's so bad on paper right now that you can't use a DVD you bought while
traveling in your DVD because of regional encoding security crap..

Just imagine, you drive your car across the border to Canada and the power
locks lock you in and the engine blows you up because your car isn't meant
for their laws/region.. It's insane.

Beyond that, when you buy this limited consumer license in the store what
right should they have to tell you how you store the information.. I mean
the oppose the right to make a copy for yourself... or go from DVD to VHS,
etc... Next thing you know they will tell you that you can't watch it except
on Tuesdays and it can't stay in your player more than 15 minutes at a
time...

-paris
Paris Lundis
Founder
Areaindex, L.L.C.
http://www.areaindex.com
http://www.pubcrawler.com
(p) 1-212-655-4477
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]