> Michael Dinowitz wrote:
>

>It means that everything from the existence of the Jews (with all the
>biological evidence of our connectedness) to Christianity to Islam itself to
>the constitution of most governments have no basis at all. It means that
>everything that we've built up in civilization is based on delusions and
>that we have no purpose in existence other than to eat and die.

In a nutshell........hey, the kind of sounds like an O'Reilly title.

but seriously, how much more of a reason for existence does a belief in
god give.  To me all that means is that now the reason for your
existence is because god made you.  It seems that this only takes the
responsibililty for oneself off of oneself and firmly places it on another.

I'm also not sure about which governments you are referring to.  I may
be wrong, but I believe democracy was founded by the greeks.  Also even
though the constitution refers to god many times.  it's not a mandate
from god that keeps it in force, but rather a belief by the people that
this is an agreeable set of rules to live by.

Marlon