I think the thing about a holy war is that it an oxymoron. There is no such
thing.
It was never about who was right.
And the biggest stumbling block to peace in any situation
is the rigidity of the attitudes of the parties in conflict.
In that regard, religion is more often that not singularly unhelpful.
That has to change before peace can become possible.
And one thing is for sure, it will never change from the top down.
It will only change when people stop letting their power be taken from them
by people who pretend to have special rights to do so, mostly for their
own reasons - whether that right dresses itself up in secular or religious
clothes.

Patrick