I know this is kinda late for this response, but oh well..but i just read this...

>This is a holy war. It's two sides in argument over whose religion is right.
>It's as simple as that.

This is not a holy war, its holy for the Jewish people cause the land was promised by
God, and every jew has the right to return and own land and live in the land....its
different forthe Palestinians, the war for them is not about religous belief, there
book does not say anything about Palestine or anything for that matter in regards to
the holy land......actually, what it does say is that the land is for the people of
abraham, meaning jews, muslims, and christians...

and all three religous groups existed in peace all over the land of Palestine and over
the middle east for that matter...

But the state of ISrael needed to be created, its what was promised to the Jews, to
live and own the land, its there right, i think it must have been unfortunet for the
Palestinians who were not Jews , muslims and christians that they had to leave....

If what goes on there is a Jewish / Islam faith war, then how do you explain
Christians fighting the occupation as well ?
 "Cantrell, Adam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:How can you say Israel is mostly
non-religious?

One only has to visit the official Israeli government website to tell how
non-religious Israel is.
http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/home.asp

Especially apparent was the site map:
http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/go.asp?MFAH00040

You could also just look at their flag.

I think it's safe to say that Israel is VERY MUCH SO religious. Religion is
the very basis of their existence. Saying that most of Israel is
non-religious is like saying most of Saudi Arabia is non-muslim.

This is a holy war. It's two sides in argument over whose religion is right.
It's as simple as that.

Adam.