Agreed, economics and/or tribalism.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 7:01 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Israel/Arab Conflict 101: The history of Israel

At 05:20 PM 10/8/02, Michael Ross wrote:

> > This is why I hate religion's and do not believe a god could exist.
>Religion is what people created way back when, when they needed an
>excuse to hate.  And to this day its still a reason to hate.  Take
>religion out of this and make them all atheists and we will see what's
>left of this war to fight about.

Wars aren't about religion.  Wars are about greed.  Religion is simply
the
cloak the combatants wrap around them to cover their real motive.

Take the religion out of the equation, you'd still have war, only with
some
other excuse.  For instances, "Patriotism" is now being substituted for
religion in areas where the masses have gotten wise to the old 'god is
on
our side' rant.