I have been reading a lot of information about crime in other countries
lately. I have been trying to find stats on this stuff, but it is very
difficult.

What I was able to find was that in England and Wales homicide is much
more common with a knife or other sharp object than any other weapon,
and that the homicide rate, while lower is not usually directly related
to gun control, but other factors as well. Other laws that limit how a
person may protect themselves have a lot to do with it. But these are
things that the US isn't willing to give up, at least from my
observations.

I did find some very interesting number that compared the US and Canada.
It used stats from before Canada passed the big gun control stuff in 77
through the late '80s

It showed that not only did the crime rate not drop considerably, the
rate of change stayed fairly similar with that of the US. In fact, over
the course of the study the rate in the US came down more than it did in
Canada. No obviously the homicide rate in Canada is much lower, but I am
just talking about the rate of change.

It also pointed out that gun ownership in Canada went up as well. This
wasn't some biased study from gun nuts either. This was a study
commissioned by the Canadian Government and appeared in the Canadian
Journal of Criminology.