Sorry meant Iraq.

But on that topic, I think that instead of going in for vengeance, he
should have gone into Afghanistan for the Taliban's  Human rights
violations.

I am still trying to figure out why he is gearing up for a Vietnam
style confrontation with Iraq, except that Hussein went after Daddy.
Any confrontation with Iraq is a complete distraction from the war on
terrorism. Moreover that has been no evidence that Iraq has supported
or supplied any terrorist group anything resembling biological or
chemical warfare agents. for instance the recent reports of Iraq
supplying groups linked to Al Quaeda with nerve gas turned out to be
a propaganda attempt by the Bush White House. The Washington Post's
ombudsman had a very good piece detailing how the Post got conned by
administration aides
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20351-2002Dec20.html.
another example is Rumsfeld's setting up a special office to find
evidence (real or manufactured) of links between the Iraq
dictatorship. This despite the fact that the DIA, CIA and allied
intelligence agencies have not found anything so far. Even the
vaunted meeting between Mohammed Atta and an Iraqi embassy official
in the Czech Republic a year before Sept 11/2001 has turned out to be
false.

One thing I have also never understood is how the Republicans can
claim that the Democratic Party is the fiscally irresponsible party,
when the national debt has only increased under republican
presidents and has decreased under Democratic ones, going as far back
as Johnson in the early 60's. Under Johnson, Carter and Clinton, the
debit was reduced, while under Ronnie Raygun, Bush Senior and now
Shrub, the deficit has skyrocketed. Instead of paying down the debt,
which would have resulted in far more resources being added to the
national economy, he's going for making the tax cuts permanent, and
letting the nation be further burdened. Yet at the same time there
are a series of sweetheart deals and tax breaks to the oil, gas and
coal industries that's almost obscene.  Where is the logic in this?

regards,
larry