Sharing my weight loss strategy - it doesn't jive with this.  Every body is different,
I suppose but wanted to post a supporting view.  I have been very successful losing
weight  - lost 60 pounds.

> 1.) Cut the soda, tea, coffee, and juices.

I agree water is great for health and feeling full but there isn't a damn thing wrong
with coffee and tea.

> 3.)  Cut the simple carbs or anything that is pure sugar (ice
> cream,
> cookies, candy, donuts).  Eat complex carbs like potatoes, rice,
> wheat
> bread, pasta (not too much though), tortillas.  I would get use to
> this a
> week before you start cardio, you may feel sluggish for a few days
> when you
> start this.  If you still feel sluggish after a few days, eat a
> couple more
> bananas or some type of fruit.

Sugar IS a complex carbohydrate!

I do low carb.  But I don't eat much in the way of potatoes, rice or pasta.  Fruit is
full of sugar, so if sugar is a trigger, stick to low sugar fruits (berries, melon).

> 4.) Cardio 4 to 5 days a week.  About 30 minutes a day.  I do
> about 650
> calories in a 35 minute session, 4 days a week.  Best time to do
> cardio,
> first thing in the morning before you eat.

No proof that this is so.

> 5.)  Do not have to go heavy on the weights.  Light weight lifting
> while
> losing weight.  Just enough to keep tone.  If you try to bulk up
> and lose
> weight at the same time, it will be going around in circles.  Shot
> for
> about a pound of fat a week to lose.  Make sure you take fat
> measurements
> to keep track once a week.

I actually totally disagree with this.  Small weights mean you build less muscle.  Why
not build as much muscle as you can and stoke your metabolism.  Doing cardio burns
calories while you are doing it.  Weight training burns calories ALL the time.

For cardio health, do cardio.  For long term weight loss, lift weights (not tiny
either) and do as much cardio as you can.  If I have the choice, I lift first.