> What I mean by my problem with the UN is that I am against any
> organization
> that attempts to intrude in our (US) sovereignty.  I know I am a
> hypocrite,
> but we have the ability to do that, where others don't so long as we are
> paying their bills and fighting their wars.

You are right. We can. Historically though, we have recognized that
diplomacy is worthwhile in times of both peace and war. To that, I'll just
add this article:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/885222.asp?0cv=KA01&cp1=1

> There are differences that
> cannot be
> diplomatically solved between US (I won't say western for fear of
> offending
> you again) and communists, or Islamic fundamentalists, or
> fascists or other
> genocidal, totalitarian regimes.  Not only do I think that we need to now
> push ahead with this war, but we need to push ahead on all fronts that are
> so opposed.

I completely agree that there are some differences which cannot be agreed
upon. I see this any time an abortion debate comes up. So based on your
logic, the pro-life and pro-choice people should just drop pretense and just
kill each other.

Yes that's a rediculous exaggeration, but your comment can be distilled down
to "if we can't agree, then we'll blow you up." And that's just as
rediculous.

Personally, I feel that Bush should have concentrated on methods to disarm
that didn't include war. For instance, he could have opted to not
effectively castrate the inspectors and could have pushed to give them real
teeth instead. But he didn't. He fought against the need for inspectors,
preferring war instead, and only grudgingly agreed to inspections when the
UN took a stance of wanting to solve the problem in a non-war way. And then
when the inspectors went in, he actively withheld intel which they needed.

Me: disarm != war
Bush: disarm = war

-Kevin