I think it is a matter of perspective.

You think you are "middle".

Folks way out on that right hand side can barely see you, so to them you are "left".
Folks way out to the left hand side can barely see you, so to them you are "right".

At the moment, the loudest voices have shifted decidedly right. It used to be the
middle right would shush the far right when they got too vocal. It was embarrassing
for them I think. Now, they cheer them on. (Same goes for the Left).

I think the entire country has shifted markedly right after 9-11. I know I have. And
everyone I know has. Just a couple of slots. What was dead moderate has become
moderately conservative (I know I am mixing conservative with right wrongly).

Still a wacky lefty to my dad. Still goose stepping a little too excitedly to my
sister.

Cherac makes me mad, and I actually listened to Newt for a few minutes yesterday.

Look what "they've" made me do!

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/21/03 04:40PM >>>

Not specifically directed at you - just a stepping stone so to speak.
;^)

> I wasn't taking anything and comparing anything just saying i
> hate when people do that. If you say i'm not racist but black
> people are stupid. Say the same sentence without the preface
> and see what that turns out to be.

But that's the point.  You can't say that.  But you CAN say "I'm against
this war and NOT pro-Saddam".  Unless you you're gung-ho and rah-rah on
this your labled a liberal anti-war nut.  The middle's become the
extreme in America today and that's scary.

Jim Davis