Haggerty, Mike writes:

> You know what I think the problem is: most people have not been up close to
> a bomb going off.

Amen. The Los Alamos fire was enough for me.

A couple of thoughts in random order:

TV here is reporting demonstrations as "anti-war" and "pro-troops" -- no
room apparently for those who question the orders but don't fault soldiers
for following legitimate orders.

I question whether this is legitimate use of force. I do not think the US
should invade countries it merely doesnt like. Since we have already done
so I would like to see the current incursion brought swiftly to a close,
with a minumum of Anerican and civilian casualties.

Nonetheless I am quite certain that long-term we are creating far worse
problems than we think we are solving.

Dana