Children get killed here every day.  Why aren't people in the streets
protesting the bastards that do that?  Why isn't anyone protesting the
cowards that walk into Israeli movie theaters, bus stops and SCHOOLS to blow
up children.  Shit I promise you more children died because of Saddam and
his policies than are going to die in this war.  I know how it is to be a
parent, I am one.  I would kill anyone that even looked at my kid the wring
way, but lets be realistic.  Is the next generation in Iraq going to be
better off with or without that madman running Iraq?  I think we can all
agree that he has shown himself a butcher, and his children are no better,
maybe worse.  How much longer to we let this drag on before we say no more?

This isn't just Iraq, and I really don't think it will end in Iraq.  It's an
ideal, a belief in the sanctity and the value of human life.  In liberty.  I
am willing to give up my life, and to take others lives, in order to forward
the cause of liberty for my children, and for you children, and for Egypt's
children and Iraq's children.

Dana, when is it enough to fight for?  We live in a new age.  The world
isn't as large as it once was.  Not that we are running out of space, just
that we are all closer through video, TV and the internet.  How much longer
will we be able to, in good conscience, turn our backs on the world.  To
allow all of the petty dictators and junior Dr. Evils of the world run
around and do what they want.  How many children will we have to let the
next Pol Pot get?  How long will we turn a blind eye to the atrocities in
China, Iran, Libya, South America?

We cannot personally rebuild all of these places.  We cannot occupy them all
and make them do what we want.  The only recourse we have is to kill the bad
ones.  I think it's a rather simple doctrine.  Don't do evil.  The golden
rule with a twist, do unto others, or we'll do unto you.  Wiccan say "Do as
you will so long as you harm none".  I would change that to say something
like "Harm none lest ye be harmed".  See the idea of the laws of three get
left out of the basic wiccan ideal.  That whatever you do will be brought
back against you three fold. I am not saying it's what I believe.  My wife
is into that stuff not me. I just think is a good idea when looked at in the
correct light.

We have the opportunity to create an amazing world.  Its going to be hard,
it's going to cost money, blood and lives.  We cannot sacrifice individual
liberty in the way we are now in doing so.  I am tired of hearing
apologists, and those who would compromise.  Can the rat compromise with the
snake?  Ideologies can be looked at like that.  Some are just incompatible.

We are killing children in Iraq.  This is a fact.  We have killed children
all over the world.  This is not a nice thing, a pretty thing. It is a side
effect of war.  Diplomacy must have it's day, I am not saying do away with
it, but it also must eventually be put aside and the work of creation,
directed violence, must begin.  This is the truth of human existence.  The
dichotomy of love and hate.  Peace through war.  Wealth through poverty.

Can you look at this world objectively?  Without the tug of the heart
strings?  Can you see 20, 30 or 100 years from now?  I try, and without a
major war, a cultural shift, I don't like what I see.  I see an America in
decline. I see third world countries taking over.  Rather than our lifting
countries to our level, we are dragged in to their quagmire.

Wow I am Fu*&King depressing today

</rant>

Hehe sorry, this cold medicine must be getting to me

Tim