I forwarded your email to a friend who had an interest in animals and
recently adopted a ferret. She might agree to foster one or two? if they
don't make the ferret she already has sick.... If she signs up though she
will help no hlds barred; she spent thousands trying to save her cat when
he had cancer.

Dana

> > As you all know, I have an interest in ferrets. Recently 62 ferrets were
> > seized from a local breeder who kept these animals in very appalling
> > conditions. Given the magnitude of this rescue I'm letting all those I
> know
> > of the situation and am asking for contributions.
> >
> >  From one of the organizing groups helping out with the rescue
> > (http://pooflinger.com/hagerstown/).
> > --
> > This rescue started with five complaints from neighbors about a garage
> with
> > a horrible stench, and a severe mouse infestation in the area. Washington
> > County Animal Control was dispatched, and found a horrible site, a garage
> > full of filthy, unkept ferrets. They ordered the owner, Di Bachman, to
> > remove the ferrets, as she was operating a business (Ferretry..selling
> > ferrets) in a residential neighborhood.
> > Barbara Clay from Rocky's Ferret Shelter agreed to take the ferrets into
> > her shelter.
> > --
> > The site also has photos of the rescue and the conditions these poor
> > animals were in. Fair warning these pictures are graphic.
> >
> > The rescue shelters in the area are absolutely overwhelmed by this. The
> > ferrets are in need of Aleutian disease virus testing, vaccinations
> against
> > rabies and distemper, and spaying/neutering. This should cost several
> > thousand dollars at least. The last large scale rescue like this cost over
> > $3000 for around 30 ferrets. With over 60 ferrets with the Bachman rescue,
> > the situation is almost desperate. If you can please send a donation to
> > Rocky's Ferret Shelter. They have a paypal account
> >
> https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rockysrescue%40juno.com&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD
> >
> > You can also mail contributions to
> >
> > Rocky's Ferret Shelter
> > PO Box 4040