Me neither... Though I can't imagine seeing Forest Gump and
then seeing the Straight Story and thinking that Forest Gump
was more heavy-handed in a reactionary or moralistic
sense... The straight story had some pretty obvious /
intentional "morals" when you consider the runaway and the
vietnam vet and even the story about him and his brother...
not to mention his need turn down certain acts of charity by
others on his path... and even still I didn't consider it
heavy handed although if I had to pick one of the two that I
thought was heavy handed in that sense it would be the
Straight Story and not Forest Gump.

ike

> Wow, did we see the same movie? Not once did I feel the
> movie was
> moralistic or reactionary. Heck, one classic part of the
> film, where
> Gump is asked for his feelings on Vietnam, is
> intentionally left
> neutral. How did you feel the movie was trying to be
> moralistic? I have
> to say I never read the book, so I can't compare, although
> it's rare for
> a movie to come even close to being as good as the book.

> -rc

s. isaac dealey                972-490-6624

team macromedia volunteer
http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap