Maybe that's why I get hankering for a chiptole burrito with the hot
salsa....

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/9/2003 11:20:13 AM >>>
There is a machoness to it, there is a great short story on this I read
in
school.  I wish I could remember the name and/or author.

But there is also an addictive side to it.  Studies have shown that
eating
chilies produces the same pleasure endorphins in the brain that is
responsible for the "runner high".

Finally, conditioning plays a factor.  If you are used the spicy, there
are
a lot of complex flavors in peppers, but it takes training to get to
that
point.

Ian Skinner
Web Programmer