Didn't you just thrash it with a newspaper or something harder?

How did it eventually learn it wasn't the alpha male of the universe?

-Gel

-----Original Message-----
From: Beth F [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Two of the puppies, with EXTREMELY firm owners are doing just fine.
These owners are really strong and firm with their kids and dogs.  The
male is a delight while the little girl  is a little bitch, but thats to
be expected.  She doesnt' come when called, and basically is quite
indepdent like a terrier is expected to be.

The third puppy with an owner who was rather ineffectual at managing her
dogs behavior created an aggressive dog.  During class I was helping her
get the dog to sit - the dog was totally blowing her off.  I tried
luring him with a treat, and when that didn't work I chose to push
gently on the butt.  That didn't work either, and I began to recognize
the signs of "You Aren't The Boss Of Me".  When I went to take his
collar to help him down that way, he fixed his eyes on my face in a
steely way, and the sides of his mouth came forward.  I had read about
that happening but had never seen it.  A truly dominant aggressive dog
is rare - most dogs bite out of fear or prey drive, not dominance.  In
any case, i removed my hand and asked the small dog expert to help.

Sadly, the small dog expert got bitten as did the owner of the scottie.
The scottie later got away from his mother, bit three dogs and a child.

The dog was saved - there wasn't anything really wrong with him - he
just thought he was the boss of the universe and he had to be taught
otherwise.  I would argue he was a typical scottie  - and its what can
happen when you have a breed thats got attitude.

So unless you think you can handle a dog who wants to be the boss of
you, reconsider the breed choice.  If you really want a terrier, a cairn
is much more easygoing.

Do you have kids?