From: Erika L Walker-Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 8:12 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Question

history for those of you who are either baffled or care ...

Food History

ENGLISH MUFFINS
The story is that an English baker, a certain Samuel B. Thomas, started
making these flat chewy things in America over 100 years ago, from his
mother's tea cake recipe. The English deny that they ever heard or saw
anything like it until they were imported from America. Today you can
find Thomas' English Muffins in most English supermarkets. Imported from
America.