  From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 26 December 2003 20:34
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: RE: List of countries ban US beef imports..

  I'm not completely convinced that the UK's solution was the only or the
best
  solution.  It may be, but the problem was surrounding by more political
  posturing and knee-jerk reactions than science (as I'm sure it will be
here
  as well).

  At the very least by doing that you've just created mountains and
mountains
  of biohazard waste which has to be dealt with.  The beef industry here is
  enormously larger than the UK's - the same solution may not fit the same
  problem.

  Of course I don't know anything about it really.  I'm strictly a Sunday
  morning policy maker.

  Jim Davis

    _____