You can search by last saved date, can't you?
-d

----- Original Message -----
From: "dana tierney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 12:18 PM
Subject: proof i'm losing it

> I can't find the word doc I have been working on for three days. I
distinctly remember saving it -- twice, to be on the safe side -- but don't
remember as what. Possibly something clever like Document1, but I do not
have a word doc with that name. I've had a good hard look through My
Documents and my desktop, which is where I keep these things. I have also
done a find on *.doc without success. The thing is, I thought that even if
you did NOT save a Word doc there was still a temp file. It would be a .doc
type too right? If anyone has any ideas, please share. I can recreate the
work in about three hours, kinda, but I would really rather not. Meanwhile I
am going to go off and do non-computer stuff for a while; it would seem to
be time :P