From: "Smith, Matthew P -CONT(CSC)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:02 PM
Subject: wireless mp3 stream receiver WAS: cd/mp3 discman

> Ok, I had been thinking about this before, and figured I would bounce it
against the list for feedback.

> I have been considering setting up a wireless network in my house anyway,
so this might be a great reason to do so now.

> I had asked about a discman/mp3, but what about a device capable of
receiving an mp3 or other sound stream from a pc over a wireless network?
Then I could take that signal and run via RCA to the receiver/amp.

> It can be a totally dumb device; the computer I would stream from is just
a room away, and I could just set up a 8 hour play list and be good for the
night.  Of course, controls that would let me choose songs and files and the
like would be great, but is probably too much to ask.

> I looked around but didn't see anything like that.
>
> Does something like that exist?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthew

dubious quality.  It was top of the line when I bought it but is starting to
konk out now.  To be fair, it is 5.5 years old.

> That car unit I was talking about is SLICK, though.  Has a finish that
reminds me of the ship in "flight of the navigator"(wow, way back).

the name Sony on it for the rest of my life. It's actually one of the only
absolutes I can claim being stored in my head right now: Sony equals always
bad. Call me a bigot.

> I take that back though, I have a pair of their DJ headphones - dey be da
shit mon. Sony equals almost always bad then I guess :)