  From: Smith, Matthew P -CONT(CSC)
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:02 PM
  Subject: wireless mp3 stream receiver WAS: cd/mp3 discman

  Ok, I had been thinking about this before, and figured I would bounce it against the list for feedback.

  I have been considering setting up a wireless network in my house anyway, so this might be a great reason to do so now.

  I had asked about a discman/mp3, but what about a device capable of receiving an mp3 or other sound stream from a pc over a wireless network?  Then I could take that signal and run via RCA to the receiver/amp.

  It can be a totally dumb device; the computer I would stream from is just a room away, and I could just set up a 8 hour play list and be good for the night.  Of course, controls that would let me choose songs and files and the like would be great, but is probably too much to ask.

  I looked around but didn't see anything like that.

  Does something like that exist?

  Thanks,

  Matthew