Yes, they exist. Linksys, netgear, HP and a few others all make their own version. They're calling them 'media adaptors' or 'wireless media players/receivers'.

I would hold off for the d-link that's coming out in February. It does all major audio and video formats over wireless for like $130. Most of the current players only do audio and jpg viewing - no video. The ones that currently do both audio/video are too expensive in my opinion.

Take a look around tomshardware - some good stuff on that site.