I suffered from Apnea until they removed my tonsils....spend most of my
early twenties half asleep!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ben Braver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 22 January 2004 16:56
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: Re:Sleep Apnea

  Continuous Positive Airway Pressure -

  small mask over nose, connected via hose to electrically-powered pump
  which delivers calibrated amount of pressure through nose all night to
treat Sleep Apnea - cessation of breathing due to collapse of soft tissues
in airway. Think of it as an "air splint" in the breathing passages.

  Apnea causes oxygen deprivation. Friend of mine almost crashed car due to
it. Not good for performance at work. Also, the gasping for air after each
apnea episode puts strain on heart.

  Any more questions, just ask
  or see www.respironics.com

  -Ben