From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 5:32 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: WOW. I just spammed myself.

Ian Skinner wrote:

> According to the e-mail's FROM and TO fields I just sent
> myself an advertisement for an herbal supplement that will
> release my full sexual potential.  Didn't know I needed
> it.  Didn't know I sent it.  Boy technology is just
> getting so good.  I can now find something I didn't know I
> wanted, didn't look for and have it sent to myself.
> COOL!!!!

Yea, forged mail headers are... really wonderful...

In the last week I've been getting a ton of mailerdaemon responses
saying that messages I (didn't) send couldn't be received by people I
don't know because they don't exist at the target domain. (Or their
mailboxes are full.)

They always come back FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... or some
other nonsense...

Which is great. I'm sure I can expect my domain to be in the SPEWS any
day now... in spite of the fact that I don't send spam and there's not
a thing I can do about it.

Welcome to the future.

s. isaac dealey                214-823-9345

team macromedia volunteer      http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap
  _____