S. Isaac Dealey wrote:

>> Not for that, they have sufficient clue to read headers.
>>
>> FWIW, I am averaging about 6000 Joe-Job bounces per day
>> for the last 6 months and the domains only show up in
>> NANAS about once every month.

> Ahh okay, well that helps me feel a bit better, thanks. :) I was
> freakin' out, thinking I wouldn't be able to send mail to anyone soon.

If blacklists where that widely used, there wouldn't be a spam problem (only a connectivity problem).

> :) Though I'm sure there are a probably not insignificant number of
> sysadmins who don't take the time to be thorough about the headers, so
> I suspect it's inevitably going to happen with certain individual
> domains, and I'll just have to hope that I don't have a real reason to
> do business with those individual sites.

In due time, you might end up on Spamcop because they accept end-user nominations. But blacklists are generally based on IP, not on domain name. So you really shouldn't worry too much about that.
Sending a high volume of email, even if it is a confirmed opt-in mailinglist, will get you on Spamcop much faster as being Joe-Job'ed, because there is always some luser out there too stupid to remember he subscribed.

Jochem