  From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 06 February 2004 22:28
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: Re: Macromedia Support Forums

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Simon Horwith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 2:54 PM

  > I don't think they suck any more than any other forums...in fact I think
  > they're very nice.  The problem is that there's no e-mail interface to
  > them... as email is much more convenient than a web-based forum.  You
can
  > point a newsgroup reader at them... it's a bit easier than the web
  > interface, but not as feature rich.  We at Team Macromedia are currently
  > expressing similar feelings about the forums and are discussing possible
  > options to remedy the "clunkiness" with Macromedia.  In the meantime, I
do
  > recommend trying a newsgroup reader to see if that's better for you.

  I was more than happy to use the newsgroup reader, as I don't necessarily
  need 'feature rich'...but I was disappointed to find that I don't get
  'credit' for postings...and that apparently there's a delay between what's
  posted to the NG and what makes it to the web.  The credit thing was no
big
  deal.  I've been posting via the NG for a few days now knowing that.  But
  it's pointless for me to spend my time answering questions are answered by
  others by the time they show up (if they show up at all...i'm not even
sure
  they're on the Web version yet).

  I also have to respectfully disagree with you regarding MM's forums
sucking
  any more than others.  I post regularly at easycfm, and have 0 problems.
  Contrasting the two...at easycfm I feel the forums respond more quickly, I
  can copy and paste (which I can't seem to do at MM)...it just feels
less...
  'clunky'.  I wish I could be more descriptive...but it really is the
  clunkiness.  I grab the scrollbar to scroll down the page, but it doesn't
  move (altho the page has apparently finished loading)...

  I'll echo Erika's sentiments that I love MM and I'm not trying to bash
them
  for the sake of bashing (or for any sake)...I'd love to be more active on
  their forums and help out more...but it's really just too hard.  I work a
  full time job, and any time spent on the boards has to be kept to a
relative
  minimum.  If a majority of the time is spent waiting for pages to load,
  grabbing unresponsive scrollbars, logging in, getting 'section unavailable
  pages', etc...it's just not worth the limited time.

  I know this isn't the place to vent it all, and I certainly will forward
my
  concerns on to MM...but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me before I
did
  so (sometimes, y'know, it *is* just me)  : )

  Charlie