> I think the audience for Star Wars is pretty universal (err...no pun
> intended).  I really think everybody's going to want the DVDs, regardless of
> whether or not they own it on tape (Remeber, back in the day, VHS tapes
> weren't cheap.  Not when compared to what the average DVD costs today).  Out
> of that group of everybody, I still think it's only a minority that even
> realized who shot first in the Cantina or whether or not Jabba showed up in
> Episode IV.  Remember, this is a group of people who, by and large, still
> hate the "black bars" on widescreen movies.

I'm not so sure.  I know a surprisingly large number of people who
genuinely don't like the movies, and an even larger number who don't
like them enough to spend money on them.  Especially when you can see
them on TNT every six months.  :-)

I do agree, however, that the majority of "everybody" thinks Han shot
second and that Jabba always was a giant worm, but I don't think that
these people are likely to buy the DVDs.

--benD