It's like rewriting history because we want to spice it up a little.
People complain about the accuracy of a historical movie because it is
important to share the truth and not muddy things up. I don't want them
to muddy up my memories of being a kid watching Star Wars in the theater
for the first time. Plus, I'm not looking forward to having arguments
with my kids because they think they know what the original had in it. :-\

Star Wars should have two available versions. One for the purist and one
for the ones that could care less. Just think what would happen if some
one went back and reworked the old Star Trek movies. There would be
riots in the streets.

Phillip B.