Ok I'm UK based so health benefits are provided by the government.

I think my problem is working out what I want out of life.

Working from home really works for me. I get extremely focused and we have
'rules' that are in place. I get left alone during the day to get on with
work and only come out to play at lunchtime.

What I have noticed is that working from home is not something that is easy
to get into. It took me a lot of time to get into it, but when I was working
on site, I really felt that I could do everything I was doing there from
home.

I want to be close to my family. What I need to determine is whether the
local job (localish) is what I am leaning towards because it offers me the
guarantee of not commuting to London on a daily basis which working from
home cannot guarantee.

Lot's to think about. No clear answer...mortgage ain't helping me think
clearly either :)

Probably best solution is to sell up, buy something somewhere cheaper (Bath
is expensive) then carry on working from home having no mortgage.....that
could work a treat :)

Adam