> Sooooooooooooo stay as I am ooooooooor move into a good
> career. Also remember I've been contracting since 1995 so for
> me it is a way of life but only in the last 2 years have I
> finally started teleworking from home.

I'll pipe in here since I just started working from home last month.  I have
a number of different 1099 contracts that I am working on here, though since
I've now started my own business (a DBA to make things easier come tax time)
I'm not sure exactly how that will work out.

Understand that I've worked as a developer for 3 years and spent the last 6
months looking for a job before I found a contract that would let me work
from home.  I have a loving wife (shush Ben) and a 20 month old daughter
that is right in that "daddy" stage.

We are working on the rule-setting concept, trying to get things settled
down into a routine where I can work on my various contracts and also spend
some time with the family.  Typically for lunch and then I "stop working"
(yeah, as if) around dinner time.

I have to say, compared to working at an office I enjoy the home office to a
large degree.  I have gotten to watch my baby grow from 10 months (when I
fell and broke my ankle) to now and I have seen and enjoyed so much more
than I would if I were working out of an office 45 minutes away (which was
my usual commute).  I'm also beating the high end wages around here by
contracting out, even though my rate is "low" for most areas.

Since you don’t have to worry about healthcare I would say stay working at
home, especially since you have the routine down pat and the rules are
already set for home life vs work life.  Expect some interruptions from the
family as the little one gets older and cuter (yes, it is possible... Don't
ask me how but they keep getting cuter the older they get).

Okay, I'm a little biased... Then again, I have that right!

Hatton

---