> That just happened to me. Amy's mom just died a month and a half ago
> from cancer.
>
> Was is sudden or had she been sick for a while?

As odd as this may sound, kinda both.  She had gone through treatment for
cervical cancer about 12 years ago, then last year they diagnosed her with
esophageal cancer and treated that, gave her on the shorter side of months
to live.

Earlier this year she broke her shoulder and in the process of treating that
they found that there were tumors in her liver.  Apparently it spread like
wildfire because the last thing I heard was that it was in her brain as
well.

She spent the last week at home, with both my wife and mother-in-law helping
her (my mother in law is a LPN and my wife was a CNA).

Wife just got home and begged me not to try and make her laugh.  I'm half
Irish so a part of me thinks that a natural part of the grieving process is
to laugh... guess that's not the case with her.  So that leaves taking care
of the kidlet and just being there for her in general for my options.

Until Later!
Hatton