How was it explained that they got electricity from humans?  electrical signals made by their brains right?  ok ok, why not breed electric eels?!!!!!

more electricty!!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: William H Bowen
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 5:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Matrix Question

  You'd have to go all the way back to the first Matrix to answer this
  question. There was a great huge baby farm in the scene when Neo wakes
  up. The whole process is explained in a neat little package.

  The fetuses (feti? fetuseses?) gestate in a box (symbolic of their
  struggle against oppression/reality). then the harvesters (big 4 legged
  spidery/walky things) pluck them and put them into the tubes. Not
  explained is why they apparently "birth" the babies and then put them
  into a cocoon with a liquid suspension in it...(there's a shot of a baby
  with tubes stuck in its body laying in an empty pod while it fills with
  the pink jelly...)

  hrmmm... also, how come the ectoplasmic residue from Poltergeist and
  Ghostbusters the "mood slime" from Ghostbusters II, the suspension from
  the Matrix, is all pinkish orange? Same FX contractor/coordinator? Is
  there an ectoplasm storehouse somewhere in Burbank?

  will