I think the book you are talking about that Dan Brown got a lot of his
info from is called Holy Grail, Bloody Grail. Or something similar.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: William H Bowen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 3:00 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: The Da Vinci code

Nice bit of Scooby-Doo mystery.

I thought the book was very predictable, followed the standard plot
machine output to the letter. I picked "bad guy" on the first page his
name was mentioned.

The tying together of all the stuff about Opus Dei and the Priory, the
Knights Templar and the Grail, etc. was interesting but nothing I hadn't

heard before, even if presented in a slightly different way.

There's a book that's been out for a bunch of years now that The DaVinci

Code is based on, don't remember the title off-hand. I'm currently
waiting for my turn to read it. I can find out the title if you'd like,
and I'll post a review once I've read it. It's basically all of the
research done by several archeologists, theologians, etc. that trace the

history of the Knights Templar, the Priory of Scion, Opus Dei, the
Gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-rail (I really do prefer Tim the Enchanter's
pronunciation :-) ), Mary Magdelene and other subjects covered in
DaVinci.

will