Run a page through the compresser, then run it through an HTML validator.

I quote. I didn't used to do it years ago, then Netscape 3 came out and it
was much more strict about adhering to the quote spec and all my stuff
broke. I had to go back and add quotes to everything and haven't stopped
since.

-Kevin