  From: Angel Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 11:03 PM
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: RE: POW Abuses in IRaq..

  What was depicted in these photos is in no way, shape or form acceptable
  under the Geneva Convention, or under International Law. Regardless of
  whether we are dealing with Americans or the citizens of any other
  sovereign nation in the world.

  These men and women were not terrorists and most were not even suspected
  terrorists.

  This was what the report by the US Army Investigation found:

  * Prisoners were punched, slapped and kicked.
  * In some cases, soldiers jumped on their naked feet.
  * Male and female detainees were left naked for days at a time. Some
  were videotaped and photographed, an especially degrading experience for
  Muslims who regard being photographed as a sin. * Some were forcibly
  arranged in various sexually explicit positions for the photographs.
  * Naked male prisoners were forced to wear women’s underwear.
  * Others were forced to perform sexual acts upon themselves while being
  photographed.
  * One naked prisoner was forced to stand on a box with a sandbag on his
  head. Wires were attached to his fingers, toes and penis to simulate
  electric torture.
  * A male military police guard had sex with a female prisoner.

  Other allegations have been found to be credible:

  * claims that soldiers broke chemical lights and poured phosphoric
  liquid on the prisoners,
  * threatened them with guns,
  * beat them with broom handles and chairs,
  * sodomized one with a chemical light
  * allowed military working dogs to bite them.

  The US President has rightly called these actions “Shameless and
  unacceptable”.

  This was not right, regardless of how you wish to view it. It is NOT
  acceptable.
  These acts had absolutely nothing to do with interrogation.

  -Gel