What we did to pin a file was to right click on the file.  Then you choose
"Show History" option.  You will now get a list of all date and times when
the file was checked in.  Simply click on the "check in" you want and click
the pin button.  The file must be checked into source safe for this button
to be enabled.  Once pinned if you "get latest version" of the project the
system will give you the pinned version, not the last version.

We run analyze daily.  We have a computer in our office setup to run
automated tasks for our company (reports, database sync, etc.).  One of this
computers functions is to run analyze.  To do this we created a batch file
that has the proper commands and switches to have analyze find and fix
problems.  Then ever night/morning at 3:00 am the computer will launch this
batch file.  When we come in the analyze status screen is up and we can
check what it did.  Usually it will find some "minor problems fixed".  But
we have been seeing this message for so long and every thing works perfectly
that we ignore it.  The only time we get worried is if it reports a major
error.  The only time this has happened is when the server crashed in the
middle of someone checking in a large project.  At that point we just note
what file and project it had trouble with, run analyze again, then check the
project and make sure it's complete.  If anything is missing or corrupted
then we grab the latest version from whoever is working on it and push it
into SourceSafe.  But we've only had a major problem twice since we started
using it and both times recovered without any problems.

Bill Grover
Supervisor IS Department        Phone:  301.424.3300 x396
EU Services, Inc.                       FAX:      301.424.3300 x1396#
649 North Horners Lane          E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rockville, MD 20850-1299        WWW:      www.euservices.com