Join a startup or any firm that will take you as a web developer (HTML,
CFML, SQL, VB, etc). Ideally they will already have a senior CF developer
that you can pick up a few things from. You'll want to get at least 12-18
months under your belt after which you can pick which company you want to
join. In my case I came from an econ background, took 8 months of classes in
C/C++ at GWU, and was asked up by a startup web firm/friends to do HTML, ASP
and CF.. so basically self taught as are a lot of people here. Just remember
not to shy away from the challenging stuff, or stuff you haven't done. Thats
where you learn the most.

> Hi all!
>     I have read CFWACK4.0 cover to cover (along with doing all the =
> exercises) and am starting on the Advanced book.  I'm wondering if I =
> should attend the training courses by Allaire, FT to CF and Advanced CF =
> development.  I have starting writing applications on the side for =
> people, but I would like to make this my full-time career (I love this =
> stuff!).  OK CF gurus, how do I get my foot in the door for a career in =
> CF?  My background (I'll keep this short) is a BA in Biology with a =
> minor in math and some misc additional courses that mean just as little. =
>  The important stuff I've been working on though is self-study in CF, =
> SQL, Visual Basic, NetObjects Fusion and Access.   Please advise!!
>                                 Thanks,  Christine
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFCB33.E53B42A0

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all!</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have read =
> CFWACK4.0 cover to=20
> cover (along with doing all the exercises) and am starting on the =
> Advanced=20
> book.&nbsp; I'm wondering if I should attend the training courses by =
> Allaire, FT=20
> to CF and Advanced CF development.&nbsp; I have starting writing =
> applications on=20
> the side for people, but I would like to make this my full-time career =
> (I love=20
> this stuff!).&nbsp; OK CF gurus, how do I get&nbsp;my foot in the door =
> for a=20
> career in CF?&nbsp; </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My background =
> (I'll keep this=20
> short) is a BA in Biology with a minor in math and some =
> misc&nbsp;additional=20
> courses that mean just as little.&nbsp; The&nbsp;important stuff I've =
> been=20
> working on though is self-study in CF, SQL, Visual Basic, NetObjects =
> Fusion and=20
> Access.&nbsp;&nbsp; Please advise!!</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks,&nbsp;=20
> Christine</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFCB33.E53B42A0--

the body.