From: Yexley Robert D Contr Det 1 AFRL/WSI
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: HTML Form values into struct variables

<disclaimer>
This may be a very obvious and simple thing (I actually really hope it is),
but I am still *very* new with CF, and haven't been able to find anything in
the documentation or on the mailing list archive that has given me any kind
of a clue as to how to do this.  Your patience is appreciated.
</disclaimer>

I have a rather large HTML form, which has a lot of checkboxes, and some
text fields as well.  To be able to store the selected values of what the
user selects in this form, I have created a STRUCT with a variable for each
item in the form to hold it's value.  I created the struct as follows:

<cfif not isDefined("newPkg")>
    <cfset newPkg = StructNew()>
    <cfset newPkg.page = "">
    <cfset newPkg.var1 = "">
    <cfset newPkg.var2 = "">
</cfif>

The form that I have is a straight HTML form, meaning the items in it are
HTML input items, and not <cfinput> items.  What I need to know is, how can
I assign the values of the items in this form to the variables in my new
structure when the form is submitted, so that I can use the values to pass
into a stored procedure in the database?  It seems like it would be pretty
trivial, but what I've tried so far doesn't seem to be working.  For some
reason, CFMX doesn't like the following:

<cfset newPkg.var1 = document.myForm.myField1.value>
<cfset newPkg.var2 = document.myForm.myField2.value>
.

Can someone point me to some documentation or a whitepaper or something like
that which would give me a little guidance as to how to go about doing this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

::YEX::
<)))><

/*
|| Robert D. Yexley