<disclaimer>
This may be a very obvious and simple thing (I actually really hope it is), but I am
still *very* new with CF, and haven't been able to find anything in the documentation
or on the mailing list archive that has given me any kind of a clue as to how to do
this.  Your patience is appreciated.
</disclaimer>

I have a rather large HTML form, which has a lot of checkboxes, and some text fields
as well.  To be able to store the selected values of what the user selects in this
form, I have created a STRUCT with a variable for each item in the form to hold it's
value.  I created the struct as follows:

<cfif not isDefined("newPkg")>
    <cfset newPkg = StructNew()>
    <cfset newPkg.page = "">
    <cfset newPkg.var1 = "">
    <cfset newPkg.var2 = "">
</cfif>

The form that I have is a straight HTML form, meaning the items in it are HTML input
items, and not <cfinput> items.  What I need to know is, how can I assign the values
of the items in this form to the variables in my new structure when the form is
submitted, so that I can use the values to pass into a stored procedure in the
database?  It seems like it would be pretty trivial, but what I've tried so far
doesn't seem to be working.  For some reason, CFMX doesn't like the following:

<cfset newPkg.var1 = document.myForm.myField1.value>
<cfset newPkg.var2 = document.myForm.myField2.value>
..

Can someone point me to some documentation or a whitepaper or something like that
which would give me a little guidance as to how to go about doing this?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

::YEX::
<)))><

/*
|| Robert D. Yexley