My DWMX sometimes tells me that it's going to reject the changes I just made
because they would require a change to a template.    Even though the
changes are clearly in an editable area.

So the only solution I've found is to close DWMX, lose all the changes, then
open DWMX again, reload the site and the page I was working on, then make
the changes all over again.   Sometimes it gives me the same problem again
and sometimes it does what it's supposed to do - change the file and save
it.

I've taken to having my Ultra Edit open whenever I use DWMX so I can paste
my changes into it to hold them while I close DWMX down and reopen it.
Kind of defeats the purpose I'd have thought.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP WebWorks