Are you using CFMX? I believe this issue relates to the fact that QofQ
makes assumptions based on the data in the original query. In your data
below - your first row in the column custom 1 has a data. Later on, you
have a non date value. Therefore, when you QofQ against it - the system
gets confused. All I can suggest is perhaps using another column to
signify the non-date version of the custom1 column.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : cfjedimaster