> Quoting Raymond Camden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Are you using CFMX? I believe this issue relates to the fact that
> > QofQ makes assumptions based on the data in the original query. In
> > your data below - your first row in the column custom 1 has a data.
>
> "April 2002" is not a date, it is a string. A date in SQL has the
> format yyyy-mm-dd. It can not even be the string representation of a
> date, because it only has a month and a year.

However - CFMX make assumptions based on the string. The following code
shows how QofQ can assume April 2002 is a date and correctly query
against it:

<cf_querysim name="test">
col1    col2
April 2002      ray
May 2002        camden
January 2002    foo
</cf_querysim>

<cfquery name="test2" dbtype="query">
        select  *
        from    test
        where   col1 < <cfqueryparam value="April 2002"
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_DATE">
</cfquery>
<cfdump var="#test2#">

> BTW, why should CF MX make an assumption for that in the first place?
> Databases are strongly typed. Java is strongly typed. Unless that
> information is not returned through JDBC, CF MX only needs to make an
> assumption about the "-100", not about what is returned from the
> databse. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Let me check on this - I don't know if QofQ uses the metadata from the
original query or not. Certainly for a 'man-made' query like te one
above, it made the assumption that col1 was a data column.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : cfjedimaster