Quoting "Smith, Daron [PA]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The first query returns the following:
>
> CUSTOM1    CUSTOM2   KEY   RECORDSSEARCHED   SCORE   SUMMARY
> April 2002 article   970   1421              0.7742  .......
> -100       25        25    1421              0.7742  .......

What datatypes?

> When I query this query result with the following I get error.
>
>  select * from results
>         where custom1 = "-100"
>
> I get error: Can't find symbol: "

In SQL, double quotes are identifying quotes. I don't think you have
any field by the name "-100", do you?

> Without quotes I get: Error: April 2002 is not a number

How about using '-100' in the QoQ? If that fails, try explicitly
casting the CUSTOM1 field to a VARCHAR and casting '-100' as well.

> PS does anyone know of a good Query of Queries reference?

The docs + an ANSI SQL reference will usually get you there.

Jochem