From: Pete Freitag [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:37 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: FW: Jsp Vs Cfm (CFMX) -- Test Code

You can tell the Java Compiler (javac) to optimize the byte code
(.class) it generates by giving it the -O flag. I would assume that the
java compiler MX uses does optimize, but if it doesn't that may be worth
looking into.

Macromedia can focus on making the CFML->Java code more efficient, while
the java compiler folks can focus on making the Java Source->Byte Code
more efficient. Then JVM folks can focus on making bytecode execution on
specific platforms more efficient. This is one of the benefits of CF
moving to Java.

Pete Freitag
CTO, CFDEV.COM
http://www.cfdev.com/