Sean A Corfield wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 09:41 , Dick Applebaum wrote:
>
>>Rather I suggest that CFMX allow us to tell it a variable's type
>>(optionally) so that it can use that to generate efficient code,
>

> That would make ColdFusion quite a different language! :)

Would it? Doesn't for instance cfparam do type checking?

Besides, I don't see much difference with using "var" to declare a non
typed variable to be local inside a function and to use "int" to declare
a variable to be an integer. I am not sure how much of an impact adding
"int", "double" would have on the compiler, but adding them, even if
just to be used next to "var" inside functions, would be on my research
list.

Jochem