You can cluster using Professional, the trick is to use a hardware load
balancing system.

You do get better support for the load balancer with CF enterprise but it is
not required.

a couple of suggestions.

1) if you are going to use session vars, then you will need to use stick
tables on the load balancers, and if on dies you lose the session vars.

to get around this, I would suggest that you use client vars in database
(works great).

2) if you are going to use a keep alive page make sure it is pointing at a
CFM page to insure that CF is up.
 and make sure that this page is not in an application scope that will
generate session data or you will fill the registry very quickly and have a
lot of issue.

email of line if you have any questions but this is possible!!

matt friedman