I see the argument you're making... but you misread/misunderstood the
point of what I was saying....

CFMX is awesome in that it allows you to develop applications very
rapidly. Compared to java, it's much simpler and allows for faster
development.  Java is awesome in that it allows for complex
enterprise-level computations to be done in an efficient/optimized
manner.  It may take longer to code if you don't know it that well, but
if you don't know it that well then you don't fall into the category of
people that I was trying to make a point to.

It makes sense from a programming standpoint to handle the "difficult"
things in java where you know your code will be as optimized as you can
make it, rather than trying to make the CFMX compiler optimize code that
you could probably better optimize yourself (I apologize for this
sounding redundant, it's late...).  When you're digging into the .java
files generated by the pages and looking at how it could be optimized,
doesn't it make sense to just write the optimized code in java if you
know what you're doing?  If you don't agree, then, again, you're missing
the point.  You still use CFMX, but when performance counts and highly
optimized files are necessary, it starts becoming more of a front-end
with a java enterprise-level backend on large-scale applications.

I wasn't knocking CFMX at all -- I was saying that it makes sense to
optimize your own "complex" code with java if you've got the
experience... Java + CFMX is a great marriage, when used in conjunction
at the right times.  :-)

-Darron